Experience world-class service at Gili Lankanfushi Maldives. Gili Lankanfushi Maldives Located on the private island of Lankanfushi in Male Atoll, Gili Lankanfushi Maldives is a 20-minute speedboat ride from Male International Airport.
Gili Lankanfushi has introduced a brand new ‘Secret Wedding Experience’, the first of its kind in the Maldives, designed especially for couples who wish to celebrate their vows in the most intimate setting possible.
In an announcement, Gili Lankanfushi Maldives said the Secret Wedding Experience has been designed to completely minimise stress. Ahead of arrival, a resort team will consult with the couple about the exact details and then manage a bespoke itinerary throughout their stay, meaning they do not have to worry about arranging anything when they arrive, it added.
According to the resort, each couple will be matched with their own Mr./Ms. Friday – a personal assistant, friend and secret wedding planner, who will be on hand to tend to the couple’s every need and to provide a calm, clear and flexible schedule for the wedding day and the duration of their stay.
The Secret Wedding Experience starts at USD 13,489 (excluding taxes) based on a four-night stay for two persons on accommodation and breakfast basis. The package includes:
- Bridal hair and makeup: Beauty specialists at the resort are on hand to ensure the bride looks exactly as she would like to on her special day.
- Wedding ceremony: Couples can tie the knot in Gili Lankanfushi Maldives Lagoon Champa – the most private pavilion in the resort, far from view and reachable only by boat. Other locations around the resort are also available.
- Music: Gili Lankanfushi Maldives captivating local all-male Bodu Beru Band will perform love songs for the couple before and after their wedding ceremony.
- Champagne, canapés and cruising: The couple will sip champagne and eat exquisite canapés aboard the resort’s beautiful traditional Dhoni boat as the sun sets around them.
- Wedding ‘breakfast’ dinner: Gili Lankanfushi’s expert chefs will create a bespoke menu for the couple based on their favourite dishes, and this is served on One Palm Island – the resort’s most iconic and romantic destination – surrounded by 1,000 candles and glistening lanterns.
- Sleeping under the stars: For a wedding night to remember, the resort will set up a special bed on the rooftop of the couple’s private accommodation, so they can spend the night underneath the stars.
- Couples post wedding pamper: A 90-minute massage in the award-winning and recently upgraded Meera Spa.
- Wine pairing experience: Exquisite private wine dinner in either the Underground Wine Cellar or up in the trees at the 360 table in the Organic Garden.
- Jungle cinema experience: A private screening of the couple’s favourite movie with a chocolate fountain and strawberries.
- Couple’s surf or scuba discovery: Learning a new skill together by taking a lagoon lesson with Tropicsurf or do a scuba diving introductory course with Ocean Paradise.
Notes to editors
*International weddings are not legally-binding in the Maldives, so couples are advised to conduct a civil ceremony before they arrive.
About Gili Lankanfushi Maldives – the Maldives’ jewel in the crown
Award winning private island and resort Gili Lankanfushi is an easy 20 minutes by speedboat from Male’ international airport – where guests enjoy a luxurious barefoot existence and 360° views of the Indian Ocean with its white waves breaking gently over the house reef.
Enjoy naturally chic accommodation and a 24/7 Mr. Friday concierge service. The resort’s 45 huge over water villas with outdoor showers, including the secluded Private Reserve, offer unrivalled privacy and space.
Highlights include diverse fine dining (many ingredients grown in the organic garden), a chocolate cave, a jungle cinema, ample water sport options, a coral restoration programme and the holistic Meera Spa.
Gili Lankanfushi Maldives offers an authentic, luxurious experience that embraces its natural surroundings.